Start learning to drive before your 17th birthday
One hour – £40 or two hours – £80
Not quite 17? Why not get a head start and book some time at the Young Drivers Track? A great way to get some experience before your 17th birthday. Lessons are based at the Dunsfold Aerodrome, home of the BBC’s ‘Top Gear’. The aerodrome is approximately 8 miles south of Guildford, just outside of Cranleigh.
This is available for anyone over the age of 16 and can be taught as a one-to-one basis or as part of a group.
With over 3 miles of track, the young drivers track is a great place to pick up the basics of learning to drive. Pupils can learn:
- The basic controls of the car
- How to move off and stop the car safely
- Smooth gear changing
- Correct and safe steering methods
- Clutch control
- Effective mirror use
There is even an area to practice manouvres.
The Young Drivers Track is not just limited to those under 17. It is also a great place to start if you are perhaps a nervous driver and want to get some off-road experience first before undertaking lessons.
Directions to the Aerodrome
If you are arriving separately. From Guildford, travel down the A281 past Bramley. At the traffic lights just before Cranleigh, turn right onto the B2130, signposted towards Godalming and Dunsfold. After approximately half a mile you will approach a sharp bend to the right, with a junction on the left hand side. Turn left here, onto Stovolds Hill. It should be clearly signposted ‘Aerodrome’, continue down this road until you reach the security gate.
If you check in with the security staff and explain that you have booked onto the ‘Young Drivers Track’ and just dropping the pupil off, they will direct you to the main office and the meeting point. The address for the office is Building 31, Dunsfold Park, GU6 8TB. I will endeavor to arrive 10 minutes early, so that you should be able to easily spot my car by the office. However, if you arrive before me, please wait in your car by the office.
- Parents are welcome to attend. However, please do not walk or drive onto the track itself.
- Photography of the track itself is strictly prohibited.
- If you would like to stay and watch, there is a viewing area and I will show you were to park.
- During the week there is a cafe onsite if you wanted to grab a tea/coffee or a snack etc.
- Alternatively, there is a pub in Dunsfold itself, which offers great food and a 10% discount for those using the ‘Young Drivers Track’
For any further information about this, please do not hesitate to contact me.